Sunday 24 January 2010

And so it begins...

I've been put off doing this sort of thing before (creating a blog, writing it every day, updating it with all my crappy little activities and then posting it on the Internet for the whole world to see) mainly because I'm just not... that... interesting. But let me give you the skinny anyway and we'll see how it goes. I mean you never know, I could get horrifically bored of doing this (and you could get bored of reading it) so I'll try and make it as good as I can while I'm still into it.

I guess I don't know what to write because I just don't know what you'll even be interested in knowing about me. I mean why did you even click onto this blog in the first place? Were you trying to find something else, maybe stumbled on this blog and got sucked in? Perhaps you're trying to live vicariously through a person you've never met in an attempt to give yourself an abstracted worldview. Whatever. It doesn't matter to me I guess. I'm just glad someone is reading the words on this page.

I want to get my fiction published. I've written so much stuff now I can't even remember the first thing I wrote and called finished. My writing stems partly from experience and partly from the darkest imaginings rattling around in my head. Call it a blend of comedy and death. My style is what I guess you would describe as the love child of Tarantino and Scarlett Thomas, if that love child was born reading a Bret Easton Ellis novel. In my writing I deal with self-hate, death, self-harm, guns, films, drug abuse, homosexuality and mourning. I'm not morbid, I just don't think people should only read happy stories. I guess I just don't want people to use my writing as escapism - I'd like what I write to resonate with people, maybe to disturb them, wake them up a touch. I call it fiction but several of my writings come from something that happened to me.

I'm going to post some fictions up here - read them if you want. I wouldn't say you'll necessarily enjoy them but they might speak to you somehow. I don't know.

The song I'm listening to right now is Right In Two by Tool from their 10,000 Days album. It's a pretty decent record overall - a new one is overdue though. My favourite song right now is Wretched World by Converge. I'd like to get a tattoo. Maybe some music on a stave.

These are some people I find attractive:




























































































Top: Phil Vickery, rugby player and general hottie

Next: Ben Cohen, rugby player and my imaginary lover

Next: Ross Kemp, actor, journalist, all-round good guy and hot as hell

Bottom: Brian O'Driscoll, rugby player and my husband (in my mind...)

So, that's it really. Yeah, I like rugby players. Oh, and I'm a bloke. Get over it. I hope people enjoy what they see here but if you don't that's your call. You can't say you weren't warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment